You may wonder if it is necessary to have gender-specific addiction treatment programs. After all, addiction does not seem to distinguish between the genders. However, there are some differences in how men and women recover from substance use disorder. Getting the help of a men’s detox program can give men a better chance of lasting recovery.
At Serenity House Detox Houston, we understand the value of gender-specific rehab for lifelong recovery. Our men’s detox program focuses on what matters most to men as they overcome their addictions. See what a difference rehab for men can make in your life. Call us today at 866.516.8356 to get started.
Why Gender-Specific Rehab May Be More Effective
Many people have tried to recover from drug and alcohol addiction without success. It is not an easy feat and requires a lot of support from loved ones, along with the help of a professional addiction treatment program. However, if your treatment doesn’t address specific issues that contribute to addiction, you will run a high risk of relapse. Gender-specific rehab can allow for more relevant, thorough treatment for men and women.
Here is how rehab for men can provide more effective addiction treatment:
- It accounts for the leading contributors to addiction in men. Many men end up with substance abuse issues due to peer pressure to use drugs and alcohol.
- It allows men to feel more comfortable talking about subjects they may otherwise avoid in front of females. This problem may be especially prevalent when discussing relationship issues or anger issues that result in domestic violence.
- Addiction therapies can identify and address common issues men struggle with, such as anger and stuffing down their emotions. Therapy can help men learn to accept their feelings and work through them in healthier ways. It can also help them learn techniques to reduce stress and anger.
- Rehab for men allows for more time to cover the most relevant topics for men in recovery.
Gender-specific rehab offers a more customized approach to addiction treatment. Therefore, men and women can heal from the underlying causes of substance abuse in an environment conducive to their recovery.
Do You Need Rehab for Men?
If you are struggling with addiction but are unsure of gender-specific rehab is right for you, ask yourself these questions:
- Have you attempted recovery in the past? While relapse can be a natural part of the recovery process, it could also be a sign that your treatment did not address the critical issues in your addiction. Rehab for men may be more effective for you.
- Has your romantic relationship suffered from your addiction? Men may not feel comfortable speaking about their relationship issues in front of other women for fear of being attacked or considered the bad guy in the situation. When you undergo addiction therapy during treatment in rehab for men, you may not have the same concern about others in the group getting defensive.
- Has your addiction gotten you in trouble due to anger or violence? Suppressed emotions often lead to anger in men, which usually comes through when using drugs or alcohol. If you have gotten into fights or engaged in criminal acts under the influence, a gender-specific rehab may be more effective at addressing these issues.
- Were you frustrated with the addiction therapy you have received in the past? If the issues covered during group therapy sessions were not relevant to you, you might not get the most out of your treatment. Gender-specific rehab allows for more targeted therapy sessions.
Whether you have attempted recovery before or this is your first time, you deserve safe, effective addiction treatment. You can give yourself the gift of healthy recovery with gender-specific rehab.
Seek Support at Serenity House Detox Houston Today
For the best rehab for men in the Houston area, you can count on Serenity House Detox Houston. Our men’s detox programs combine medication, support, and therapy specifically designed for men’s addiction treatment needs. Call us today at 866.516.8356 to get started on the road to your recovery.