One of the most common complaints you may hear from others is that they are tired. Fatigue seems to be an epidemic in the United States due to high-stress levels, fast-paced living, and inadequate sleep. To combat sleepiness and lack of energy, some people turn to stimulant drugs. While most people choose to have a cup of coffee or an energy drink to give them a boost, others find that stimulant drugs give them a more potent dose of energy and mental clarity. Unfortunately, these drugs can also lead to a host of side effects, including addiction. Quitting stimulants can be challenging. Therefore, you may need the help of a drug detox center.
At Serenity House Detox Houston, we understand that trying to keep up with your neverending responsibilities can make stimulant drugs appealing. However, we can help you get clean and teach you healthier methods of increasing your overall mental and physical well-being. Through a combination of medication, support, and therapy, you can abandon your addiction to stimulant drugs and move on to a healthy, vibrant lifestyle. Give us a call at 866.516.8356 to learn more about our drug detox center in Houston.
What Types of Prescription Stimulant Drugs Are Commonly Abused?
Stimulant drugs can help people manage conditions that cause fatigue, excessive sleepiness, and inability to focus. Doctors may prescribe prescription stimulants for ADHD and narcolepsy. The most commonly abused prescription stimulant drugs are:
- Adderall: This drug is typically prescribed for those with ADHD who struggle at work or school due to their inability to focus. Some people take it more often than their doctor prescribed or use it recreationally and become addicted. Many college students use Adderall as a brain-boosting drug to help them pull all-nighters. However, research suggests that it does not support better grades and may actually hurt your academic performance.
- Anabolic steroids: Although most people often associate this medication with building muscle mass and boosting athletic performance, anabolic steroids can have a legitimate medical use. Doctors may prescribe these steroids to support testicle function, stimulate puberty, or increase red blood cell count.
- Ritalin: Like Adderall, doctors may prescribe this stimulant drug for ADHD. Some people take it without a prescription to improve their mental performance, help them tackle busy days, or help them lose weight.
- Concerta: This drug is nearly identical to Ritalin but offers an extended-release formula.
If you’re using one of these medications recreationally, it may be time to seek treatment at a prescription drug detox center.
What Types of Illicit Stimulant Drugs Are Commonly Abused?
Illegal stimulant drugs are a popular choice amongst those looking to elevate their mood and energy. Using these drugs can make a person feel confident, happy, and invincible. The most commonly abused illicit stimulant drugs are:
- Cocaine: People use cocaine for a quick high that provides euphoria, energy, and excitement.
- Crack cocaine: This stimulant drug is a combination of cocaine and baking soda, providing a cheaper high than cocaine.
- Crystal meth: Users of crystal meth prefer the extended euphoric high that can last for hours.
- Ecstasy: This party drug, often found at raves and other all-night parties, is used to elicit feelings of happiness, elation, and extroversion.
These stimulants can significantly impact a person’s health and ability to manage life on a daily basis.
Enroll in a Drug Detox Center at Serenity House Detox Houston
Serenity House Detox Houston is here to help you find healthy ways to manage your work and home responsibilities. Our Houston-based drug detox center can help you safely recover from all types of stimulant drugs. With medication to minimize discomfort from withdrawal and individual counseling to help you work through stress and co-occurring mental health conditions, we can get you back on the path to success. Call us today at 866.516.8356 to get started.