A commitment to overcoming addiction and locating the appropriate treatment program is essential for a healthy recovery. Some people find that outpatient treatment provides the flexibility they desire with the moderate level of support they need. However, others may need more intensive support to help them resist temptation, fight cravings, and keep their sights set on a sober lifestyle. For them, an inpatient rehab center in Texas could make all the difference in their sobriety.
If you or a loved one require residential addiction treatment, Serenity House Detox & Recovery Houston is here for you. Call us today at 866.516.8356 to learn more about our comprehensive inpatient detox program.
The Benefits of Inpatient Rehab for Addiction
If you are on the fence between inpatient rehab and outpatient treatment, consider the benefits of inpatient rehab for addiction:
- A more structured environment – Residential addiction treatment provides the most structure of all treatment programs. You will have a schedule to follow consisting of medical appointments, therapy sessions, and medication. This routine can provide you with comfort as you recover since you will know what to expect daily. The treatment center strives to eliminate uncertainty as much as possible to reduce your stress levels during treatment.
- Removal of potential temptations – Since you are in a structured environment, you will not have to worry about encountering drugs or alcohol. For some people, just seeing or smelling these substances can trigger powerful cravings to use. Keeping them out of sight and reach by choosing inpatient rehab will significantly increase your chances of success.
- Time away from others who may trigger you – Many people struggling with substance abuse surround themselves with others who also use drugs or alcohol. Trying to abstain while in their company can be incredibly challenging and increase your risk of relapse.
- 24/7 access to immediate support – Having others by your side every step through your inpatient detox program can help keep you safe and focused on recovery. You will always have someone to talk to when cravings strike or withdrawal symptoms get too intense, so you can receive support, therapy, or medication to minimize symptoms.
- Intensive therapy schedule – Therapy is integral to your recovery from addiction, and an inpatient rehab ensures you receive multiple daily therapy sessions in various formats to support your recovery. During your program, you will attend group therapy sessions, individual counseling, and possibly even family therapy.
Take some time to consider the above benefits to determine if residential addiction treatment may be your best option. Although outpatient treatment is the most convenient, it is not the right level of care for everyone.
Is an Inpatient Detox Program Right for You?
Now that you know the benefits of inpatient rehab, you may be more open to enrolling in this highly structured treatment. You may have a few more questions before making your decision, though. How do you know if an inpatient detox program is right for you? Ask yourself the following to help clarify your needs for successful addiction treatment:
- How long have you been using substances? If you have been addicted for years, you may benefit more from inpatient rehab.
- How severe are your withdrawal symptoms if you stop using? The more uncomfortable withdrawal is for you, the more likely you will need inpatient addiction treatment to prevent relapse.
- Can you stay on track for recovery in your current home environment? If your home is a source of stress or substance use is a regular occurrence there, you may need a new environment to heal. It is crucial that you have supportive people around you during the early stages of recovery.
To choose the right level of care for your addiction treatment, you must be honest with yourself about your needs. The above questions can help you determine if inpatient rehab is the best choice.
Recover with Residential Addiction Treatment at Serenity House Detox & Recovery Houston
At Serenity House Detox & Recovery Houston, we understand that withdrawal and cravings can be powerful and deter you from your recovery path. Our inpatient rehab provides you with the safe, structured environment you need to start your journey to healing from addiction. Call us today at 866.516.8356 to schedule an intake assessment and begin your healthier, happier, sober lifestyle.