Your recovery from drug and alcohol addiction proceeds one day at a time. Some days will be easier than others. Sobriety quotes can help you during those especially challenging times because during your lowest days, you’ll be looking for strength and motivation to get you through. You can use these inspirational quotes as often as you need them.
There are many different quotes about sobriety. Some take on a more inspirational tone, while others provide a feeling of encouragement. They’re designed to show people that no matter how severe their addiction is, there’s always hope of recovery.
Familiar quotes that may resonate with you include “You are stronger than you think,” “You are valuable and loved” and “Your best days are ahead of you.”
You might pick up a few from your rehab stay and incorporate them into your daily life. From poets and philosophers to people who’ve had the same struggles as you, many people have provided inspirational sayings you can turn to in recovery.
How to Use Sobriety Quotes in Your Recovery
The best quote in the world won’t help you if you can’t find meaning in it or you ignore it. There are many different sobriety quotes out there, so focus on ones that speak to you personally. That way, you’ll gain the most from them.
Helpful ways you can incorporate sobriety quotes into your long-term recovery plan include:
- Referring to your favorites each day–You can start and end your day by reading or saying out loud your favorite quotes. This can set the tone for a positive day and finish it on the same note.
- Placing sobriety quotes someplace you’ll frequently see them–Pick more than one spot. You might put one on your bathroom mirror, one above your bed and another on your refrigerator. Just choose places where you’ll see them as daily reminders of your ongoing sobriety.
- Focus on them during particularly trying times–You might create a mantra around a resonating quote. As you cope with a problematic trigger or craving, just focus on repeating it as you work through the challenge.
- Journal your thoughts on sobriety quotes–Maybe you can choose a quote to kick off every journal entry. This gives you a topic to focus on and allows you to explore your feelings about it while tying it into your recovery.
Your Sober Life Can Begin Now
Do you or a loved one need drug addiction help? Partnering with a qualified detox facility is an essential first step. Serenity House Detox in Houston, Texas, provides the safe, supervised detox you need to begin your recovery.
Our programs include:
- Medical detox program
- Mens detox program
- Womens detox program
- Individualized therapy
- Residential detox program
Have you wondered what a drug- and alcohol-free life might look like? We’ll help you discover a new, sober you. Contact Serenity House Detox today at 866.516.8356, and get ready to break free of addiction, perhaps even using some sobriety quotes.