Recent studies have shown that alcohol is the primary drug of abuse throughout the state of Texas. Texas residents may have noticed an increase in the number of individuals who are seeking treatment at Texas rehabilitation centers because of this. If you or someone you know is considering seeking treatment at a facility in Texas, here are some things for you to consider.
Texas Rehabilitation Centers Are Especially Beneficial If You’ve Worked Through Detox
Beginning your treatment cycle with detox can help you build the foundation you need for treatment at a rehabilitation facility to be successful. When you work through detox first, you address withdrawal symptoms in a controlled, safe environment. Addressing withdrawal with medical professionals nearby helps to ensure you don’t come to any unnecessary harm. Any intense cravings you experience can be dealt with healthily.
The best Texas rehabilitation centers will utilize a variety of techniques to help you get well. No single program works for every individual in recovery, but many techniques have proven to be effective. For example, treatment professionals utilize evidence-based therapy or techniques to ensure individual needs are met. Evidence-based techniques are those shown to have been effective through rigorous peer-review. This means such therapies aren’t just theoretical but are practical. Some of our evidence-based therapies include:
- Psychotherapy: Patients learn what triggers their use and abuse of drugs and increase their self-awareness.
- Yoga Therapy: A practice focused on achieving a balance between the mind and body. This therapy teaches mindfulness and how to be in control of one’s emotional states.
- Dual Diagnosis: Often, when patients have underlying mental health issues, they need treatment for not just their addiction but the mental disorder (depression or anxiety disorder, for example) so they can avoid relapse.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy: A specific kind of talk therapy where patients learn to recognize negative thoughts and actions and prevent them from dominating their actions.
Also, you may engage in behavioral therapy or end up in a program that primarily utilizes approved medical options to help you break away from your addiction.
Texas Rehabilitation Centers May Not Be In Your Immediate Area
Sometimes the best treatment center for you is one that is located away from home. Traveling for treatment can be especially beneficial because you leave behind many of the harmful people, places, and things. Other triggers may also disappear when you travel, increasing the likelihood that you do not relapse. Away from home, you can focus on building the type of habits that will help keep you sober.
Serenity House Detox, a detox facility located in Houston, Texas, dedicates itself to helping you get better. With some of the best detox programs available, Serenity House Detox has the staff necessary to ensure you begin building the habits you need to become sober. We are one of the best Texas rehabilitation centers. Our programs can help you to recover from nearly any substance, including:
- Cocaine detox program
- Heroin detox program
- Alcohol detox program
- Meth detox program
- Prescription drug detox program
Serenity House Detox can help you break away from the addiction that is controlling your life. Pick up your phone and call 866.516.8356 today. See what your first steps to a sober lifestyle will look like. There’s no better time to begin your journey than right now.