If you or someone you know are thinking about going to drug or alcohol addiction treatment, you might be interested in learning about the cost of rehab. If you’re paying with insurance, the rates are different from paying for rehab out of your own pocket. At Serenity House Detox Houston, we would love to go over the payment options for our detox programs and how you can enroll. Call us at 866.516.8356 to speak with one of our helpful admissions specialists.
The Cost of Rehab
Some people put off going to rehab because they’re afraid of the cost, but no price is too high when you’re trying to get healthy and save a life. Many treatment programs have affordable care options, and there is a wide range in the pricing for substance abuse treatment. Depending on how you’ll be paying for rehab, you may pay nothing, a deductible, or the program’s total cost.
The Average Costs Associated with Treatment
There are some average costs associated with drug and alcohol addiction treatment. You’ll pay different amounts depending on the kind of care you receive and if you are getting detox, using inpatient or outpatient services, or if you need medications.
Some pricing averages you should be aware of include:
- Detox: This service ranges from $1,000 to $1,500 or more, with outpatient treatment costing less than inpatient treatment.
- Inpatient rehab treatment: This treatment option costs $6,000 or more, depending on the length of the program. Common program lengths are 30, 60, and 90 days.
- Medications: Depending on the medications you need, you will need to pay out of pocket or with a prescription coverage plan. Methadone, for a year, costs upwards of $4,700 out of pocket.
- Outpatient treatment: Outpatient treatment is the cheapest treatment option. It costs an average of $5,000 for 90 days, though some treatment plans cost more or less depending on the patient’s needs.
The cost of rehab will vary based on the type of center you go to, the available treatments, the amenities given to patients and their families, and other factors. It’s a good idea to ask about those additional benefits before deciding on which program is right for you.
How to Pay for Rehab
The good news about rehab is that you can usually get help to cover the costs of the program. Some options to protect your care include:
- Using insurance to cover the cost of care after deductibles
- Obtaining a scholarship for a specific facility
- Signing up for a payment plan to cover the cost of treatment
- Putting the treatment on credit, if you know you can repay it
- Taking out a personal loan for treatment
- Getting financial support for treatment from family and friends when possible
- Paying for treatment out of pocket
- Going to a facility that uses a sliding-scale program to pay only what you can afford based on your income
These and other options may be available, so it’s important to talk to the facility’s admissions team to learn more about the options that you have if you want to enroll or if you want to enroll someone you love.
Contact Serenity House Detox Houston to Get Started on Your Recovery
At Serenity House Detox Houston, we are here to help you on the road to recovery. We know that you or your family may be looking into treatment for yourself or someone you love. The cost of a program shouldn’t be what prevents someone from getting treatment. Our team would be happy to speak with you about the options our program has to finance your care. Call us today at 866.516.8356 to learn more about the cost of rehab and how you can pay.